Researching your options is beneficial
You would do research when buying any product or service that you think will benefit your life. Dental implants should be one of them.
Instead of deciding to get implants for your teeth without doing research about why you should get dental implants and which implants you should get, the best idea would be to explore your options relating to dental implants.
What are the benefits of getting implants?
Dental implants do not only make the patient feel more confident in their physical appearance.
- Prevents further bone loss
- Looks similar to their natural teeth
- Decreases their chances of cavities
- Easy to take care off
- Reduces chances of tooth loss
Variety of implants
There are four main types of dental implants:
- A singular implant is the best option for patients that only want to replace one tooth.
- Multiple implants are an ideal choice for patients who have lost multiple teeth in different locations – not in the same row.
- Zygomatic implants are for patients who cannot have implants secured to the jawbone, the zygomatic implants can attach bones into the cheekbone
- All on Four implants are the perfect option for patients who require teeth replaced in their lower and upper jaws. Learn more.
Patients who are getting dental implants may want a specific type of implant treatment that may not properly benefit their condition.
You must discuss with your dentist what would be the best implant treatment for you.
Who is eligible?
There are no specific criteria regarding who can get any implants.
All you need is a missing tooth, or teeth, that you want to be fixed.
While it is recommended to get the procedure done once you notice a tooth is missing, there is also no specific time when you won’t be able to get implants.
There is no such thing as being “too early” or “too late” for implants.